Pat Robertson
How is it that Pat Robertson still has any kind of an audience? He recently called Ariel Sharon's stroke an act of God's judgment for having pulled out of the Gaza strip. I don't think I should get started on how many theological problems I have with this statement. For now, let us consider, as this reporter from Mobile does, the callousness with which Robertson speaks while Sharon was barely even hanging onto life.
In the same broadcast, Robertson referred to the assassination of Rabin in 1995 as further proof that God takes revenge on those who "divide the land."
At least Israel is fed up with him.
Jan 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your outrage is completely justified, and you know of course that I agree, so I hope a humorous response doesn't seem flippant. But if you haven't already seen it, you should see how Jon Stewart "reported" this story on Robertson (title of clip is Sharon Hospitalized):http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/the_daily_show/videos/headlines/index.jhtml
Thanks,
That was funny!
Post a Comment