Dec 21, 2005

I've been convicted over the last few days about my judging of people. I'd like to apologize here for any judging I did of President Bush, or of anyone holding particular views with which I disagree. My words were not meant to judge his or anyone else's person, even where I actually did so in substance.

I find it very difficult to draw the line between critiquing and judging, especailly when the critique is fueled by the passion of new learning that is not yet restrained by the wisdom of experience. It is my hope that I will learn to offer my views as constructive critiques, rather than as condemning judgments, which I have no place doing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

'pology 'cepted

Anonymous said...

It's a lose lose situation. Look at it this way... if you or anyone else agreed with Bush, I and that hungry kid down in skidrow would be disagreeing wiht you. No matter what the others say... it's your frekin' blog. Say what's on your mind and let others have their own blog. Janae.

T. Basselin said...

I wasn't convicted about hurting others. I was convicted about my act of judging. Thanks for the defense, but I didn't write it for anyone else's benefit. It was an act of my own confession.

Anonymous said...

Ok, but what about prophetic roles? Yes, Jesus was the one who said "Judge not lest you be judged" but he was also the one who called a certain group of people "venemous broods of vipers" and "whitewashed tombs".

Is this not judging?

And before someone responds with "Yes, but he was the freaking Son of God," I would ask them to remember that Jesus wasn't operating in a vacuum but was carrying on the prophetic tradition of the minor prophets in the OT.

So what to do? Really, I'm asking.

Grace said...

"not yet restrained by the wisdom of experience"

I like that... I know I need to learn how to slow down passionate words with Wisdom's experience.

Good word tb.

Grace said...

"not yet restrained by the wisdom of experience"

I like that... I know I need to learn how to slow down passionate words with Wisdom's experience.

Good word tb.

Anonymous said...

In my eye you have not been Judging them but the ideas and works they have produced. As long as it is measured against the Word of God then you are in the right to "judge" in this manor. I am not saying your convictions were or are wrong merely making a statement truth from my perspective. Now the only one that can decide if you were Judging them or their action/ideas is you and God.