The wee little one is due Friday, though he shows no signs of uncomforability. Robin works hard to make the babies as comfortable as possible - so much so that she's had to be induced each time, and it looks like it'll happen again.
Anyway - the point of this post is to post names we've been thinking about.
So, in keeping a properly subservient attitude to the free market - please let us know your thoughts.
Liam.
Phineas, call him Finn.
Judah, call him Jude.
Ori, call him Ori. :)
Elias, call him Eli.
How about:
Elias Matai Basselin?
or Phineas Jude Basselin?
or Ori Hamilton Basselin? (too many n's?)
or Judah Greeley Basselin?
May 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Elias Matai has too much "ee-eye-ee-eye-o" ring to it, though it does roll of the tongue nicely.
Ori Hamilton: I wouldn't worry about the "n's". How many times is he going to say his full name anyway? Ori Basselin is really the focus. There's nothing there for me. It's a bit boring.
Judah Greeley: this is a shout out to all the Bronco fans who used to watch their team hold training camp in Greeley, CO. Judah has a powerful ring to it, but it's a bit overly "biblical." Nothing against bible names as long as they aren't, you know, "Jesus Basselin" or "Son of God Basselin" or, yes, "Lion of the tribe of... Basselin".
I'm liking the Phineas Jude. Neither are "A-list" biblical names, so that is good. But the real kicker is the "Finn". I'm jazzed about that. Finn Basselin. The "n's" don't bother me either. Has a little bit of a rhyme but is really unique and stylish. That one gets my vote.
It's a toss-up between Phineas and Elias for me---I love them both. Phineas is beautifully literary--I loved "A Separate Peace". I like Judah too---more if its used with Greeley. Good luck with the waiting game!!!! Can't wait to read the post that the little guy is finally here! Do you guys need anything?
I like Ori Hamilton, call him Orion.
Have you thought about something like ice or artic, since it is so cold in Chicago????
I like Judah Greeley... GO JUDAH!
crap, i hope i'm not too late. I was in Mexico. Mmmmm home made tortillas.
if Ashers off the table,I say name him Finn and call him phineas.
Have you considered Joaquin and you could call him Keen or Quinn depending on what he is really like. That would give you a few years to really decide his name and not be rushed by the conventional "you probably oughta should name that kid before you take him home" approach.
FINN! GO TO THE BALL!
QUINN! GO TO THE BALL!
yeah, both those work.
Hey Erik-
I just read your post yesterday and it affirms what we were already thinking! A few days ago, out of the blue, I warmed up to Quinn (Gaelic for "wise/counsel" and Greek for "fifth") and we are pretty sure that it is the name we are going to use...
Great minds think alike!
Robin
So is Quinn named Quinn?
COME ON! (picture me jumping up and down having a fit)
What's Quinn's name?!?!?!
Post a Comment