Aug 31, 2006

One post a month for the last few months.
That's just sad, as though I have no ability to think for myself anymore.

Well, I apologize. The things which I know I should do (like take time for my own thoughts) I do not do. And those things I do not want to do, I do. Oh wretched man that I am. Who will save me from this?

Today I taught my first two classes -
and nobody walked out. So that's good!

Despite my being drained from talking all morning and tired from not sleeping much the last couple days, I felt some strong feelings of fulfillment, which are always nice when you find them. Grace for the everyday (no, not you Gracie) - that fulfills me. When I find grace in those small tasks, I try to slow everything inside of me down just enough to open a space inside where I can fully accept that grace. I try to wait long enough to let the grace enlarge and then connect with the larger streams of God's graceful actions in the world. And when I do, I find that God visits that space inside myself. I think of that space as the place where God inhabits the praises of God's people. It happens also when I am able to open that space inside during a worship service at church. As that space opens, I feel myself being drawn into the ongoing praises of all creation. Sometimes when I pray, for others -usually not when I pray for myself, I feel that space inside open. And God comes. And simple prayers are drenched and then overflow with grace. And they are no longer my prayers, but begin to drown in the groaning of all creation for its Maker.

1 comment:

Sib said...

Welcome back, Tim. And CONGRATS on starting your first classes. Love reading your posts--they always leaving me feeling like I visited a VERY good church :) Now . . . if more churches could leave me with that feeling, maybe we would actually go. Just kidding---if Nick didn't have three jobs, maybe we would actually go--hee hee.