Feb 3, 2006

Bono and the National Prayer Breakfast

The National Prayer Breakfast was yesterday. It is a breakfast that the President, many congresspeople and many heavy hitters from religions in America attend. Bono was the special guest. I'm providing a link to a transcript of his speech for anyone who has not already read it.
http://www.sojo.net/index.cfm?action=sojomail.display&issue=060203#3

It's good. It's important.

4 comments:

Grace said...

I loved this speach. It was sent to me by 2 different friends. Hmmm... I love my friends AND Bono.

Anonymous said...

I watched the speech on C-Span online, so I saw the President's remarks which followed. The richness of Bono's speech was nearly eclipsed by the irony of the President proclaiming that we are all united in the cause of peace and in humility before the Almighty, and then describing how prayer opens us to God's calling to work for the poor and oppressed and the least among us. This while he and his congress have just cut health care for the poorest in the nation while preserving tax cuts for the richest. It's a little too much to take.

Grahama said...

Wow, was my last post blasphemous enough to be sensored, or did i forget to hit publish?
Anywho, Bono is the best preacher i've ever worshiped with.

Anonymous said...

I got a lot out of the speech and felt he hit on some powerful truths that needed to be said. His insight about the year of Jubilee tells me that he meditates on the scriptures which impresses me. Finally, however, there were a few comments that he made that just drive me batty.