Formation -
I realized today that I have not been allowing my circumstances to form me. I have instead been attempting to form my circumstances, which is of course impossible as long as God is still God and has not handed the reins over to me.
Lord, may I learn the lessons of patience you have surrounded me with. When I am punched by the blows of dishes piling and children screaming and bills demanding - knead my response.
May I be formed by the work you have placed before me. When the raw material is larger than the vision, and the discipline of chiseling is short-lived - sculpt my actions.
May rest breathe life. When time is free and stress calls for release, may I not comply with mindlessness, extricating life. Reveal in silence your Sovereignty, and know my inner thoughts.
Sep 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment